One Tennessee university ranked among the top colleges and university in the country, based on a new report from U.S. News & World Report.
According to the report, the site "[assessed] bachelor's degree-granting institutions on 17 measures of academic quality" to determine its list of the best colleges for 2022-2023. Several Ivy League schools top the list, including Princeton University claiming the No. 1 spot, but plenty of public and private colleges and universities also found a spot on the list. So which college in the Volunteer State snagged a place in the Top 50?
Vanderbilt University tied with the Ivy League Brown University for No. 13 overall. According to U.S. News & World Report, the private college located in the heart of Nashville has an undergraduate enrollment of around 7,000 and an acceptance rate of 7%.
These are the Top 20 universities in the country, according to the report:
- Princeton University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- TIED: Harvard University, Stanford University, Yale University
- University of Chicago
- TIED: Johns Hopkins University, University of Pennsylvania
- California Institute of Technology
- TIED: Duke University, Northwestern University
- Dartmouth College
- TIED: Brown University, Vanderbilt University
- TIED: Rice University, Washington University in St. Louis
- Cornell University
- TIED: Columbia University, University of Notre Dame
- TIED: University of California (Berkeley), University of California (Los Angeles)
Check out the full report to see U.S. News & World Report's picks for the top universities in the country.