10TH ANNUAL SISTA STRUT MEMPHIS 3K BREAST CANCER WALK
Join us at Tiger Lane for our 10th Annual 3K Walk on April 6th. Everyone that registers will receive the Official Sista Strut T-Shirt, the Sista Strut backpack, and all the great sponsor giveaways!
WHEN: April 6, 2024
TIME: Rally starts at 8AM, Walk starts at 10AM
WHERE: Tiger Lane, 335 S Hollywood St, Memphis TN 38104
What is Sista Strut?
Sista Strut aims to heighten awareness about the issues of breast cancer in women of color, as well as provide information on community resources. Studies show that African American women are more likely to get breast cancer at a younger age and have a death rate from breast cancer higher than Caucasian women of the same age. Sista Strut recognizes the strength of survivors, their family and friends, heightens awareness, promotes early detection and the search for a cure.
Did you know?
- African American women in the U.S. have a 41% higher death rate from breast cancer than white women.
- African American women are more likely than white women to be diagnosed with breast cancer before age 40 and are more likely to be diagnosed with larger tumors.
- Awareness of these issues will help survival rates with earlier diagnoses.
- Now - January 31st: $15 per individual / $20 per team member
- February 1st - February 28th: $20 per individual / $25 per team member
- March 1st - April 6th: $25 per individual / $30 per team member
**When using a credit card to register online, please note there is a ~$3.50 per person processing fee**
Registration fee includes the Sista Strut t-shirt and backpack. Team members will also receive the official Team Member Souvenir.
**We ONLY accept Credit Card or Money Order Payments..NO CASH OR CHECKS** If you are sending in a money order for your team, please include names of ALL team members!
Send money orders to:
iHeart Media - Sista Strut
Attn: Caroline Hall
2650 Thousand Oaks Blvd Suite 4100
Memphis, TN 38118
T-Shirt Pick Ups:
All t-shirt/packet pick ups will be held at the Liberty Bowl.
- Tuesday, April 2nd from 3PM - 7PM
- Wednesday, April 3rd from 3PM - 7PM
- Thursday, April 4th from 3PM - 7PM
- Saturday, April 6th before the walk starting at 7:30am
Official Blood Donation Partner Vitalent
Support thousands of Mid-South patients by giving the gift of life. Did you know that 1 blood donation can save up to 3 lives? Sign up HERE to make an appointment to give blood on Saturday, April 6th!
NOMINATE AN EVERYDAY HERO
Do you know an Everyday Hero? For those fighting cancer, support is vital. In the search for a cure, recognizing individuals who join that fight and give their time and energy is important. Here is your chance to help make that recognition happen. Tell us the story of your Everyday Hero and how they work to support survivors, create awareness, and/or promote early detection.
These stories will be shared on the radio and in the community, and one individual will be featured on the Television program Everyday Heroes